Downloading digital sewing patterns
After purchasing our patterns, a download link will appear on your order confirmation page. The download is delivered as a ZIP file, for you to save locally on your computer. Please note that mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets are not supported; downloading must be performed via a computer. Once you have downloaded and opened your ZIP file, you will find several PDFs:
- Test Print – Please see the Printing section below for more info;
- An “eBook”, with step-by-step instructions for sewing your project;
- An “Overview”, which is a snapshot of all the pattern pieces;
- The pattern pieces, in two paper size formats: A4 for our European customers, and US Letter for our North American customers. Simply print the PDF for the paper size you normally use and ignore the other one;
- (For adult sizes) a size table to help you chose which pattern size is right for your project. European and International sizes are included.
Printing digital sewing patterns
In addition to the instructions below, we have created a video covering this topic. Open the Test Print PDF* corresponding to your printer´s paper size (US or A4), and check the following Page Settings before printing:
- “Actual Size” or “100%” with page scaling turned off, ensuring that “Fit to Size” is not selected;
- Adjust the pages to “automatic portrait and landscape”, and you are ready to print;
- Now lay the 4 pages butted together at the edges, and in the order indicated at the bottom left of each sheet. You will see that each page lists its Row and Column position;
- In the middle, you will see a test square, please measure it to confirm that it is 10x10cm (4×4″);
- Once you have confirmed that your settings are correct, you are ready to print the pattern.
Tips: Ensure your paper is aligned in the printer. Also, it is easier to cut out your pattern if you have printed it in colour, as each size is lined in different colours. If you choose to print black and white, please carefully compare your pieces with the pattern OVERVIEW PDF. Finally, in the case that you do not already have a PDF reader, Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download.